Using Bad Language (Nivel Peh)
When a Yid makes a serious mistake and does an Aveira, he/she has fallen down from the level a Yid is expected to be on.
You are being "pulled-up" by your teacher (Rebbe or Morah)
because you made a mistake which has caused damage to yourself
and others. In this case your mistake was using bad language.
- Damage to yourself:
- By acting in way unfit for a Ben Torah, you have
damaged your reputation.
- You have given your Yetzer HaRah more strength to
overpower you in the future.
- If your bad speech was said out of anger, then the Chachamim have compared it to Avodah Zorah
(which is one of the three worst Aveiros we could ever do).
- Bad language and language used to hurt others
unnecessarily puts a distance between the person who uses the language and Hashem.
I have read the above page and I agree to make every effort to never let it happen again.
- Damage to others:
- You could, Chas V'Shalom, cause others to use such language.
- You might have strengthened the Yetzer HaRah in others to do Aveiros. As our Rabbis of blessed memory have said, Aveira Gerreras Aveira (one sin causes other sins).
- You could have hurt your family's reputation. People might come to think less of your entire family because of your actions.
- Depending on the situation you may have even made a Chilul Hashem and damaged the reputation of your entire Yeshiva/school or even the reputation of every Torah Yid.
Signed,________________________- Student. Date:_______
Parent/Legal Guardian of ________________________ (Student's Name)